Monday, October 31, 2005

Pumpkin bashing

My feet Ache.
With a capital A C H E

All I've been doing is running round with a few 8 year old girls and i am absolutely pooped.

Thank god Emma was there to help me. Her Girls Brigade experience of looking after a whole load of similarly aged girls meant i was able to sort out the food etc with a minimum of hassle while she had them playing loads of party games.

i made way too much food, but hey, I'd rather that than there be too little.

We did all the normal stuff like pass the parcel and musical bumps and stuff, but the thing that amazed me was the way those girls whacked the pinata.
For delicate little flowers they gave it some welly.

And now I'm surrounded by bits of orange paper and the general debris left behind and I'm wondering if I have the energy to go outside [which entails walking up 6 steepish steps] to blow out the candles in the pumpkin that i have sitting on the garden wall.

You know what....i think I'll just go pour myself a big glass of something chilled and alcoholic and put my feet up.

No comments: