Monday, December 31, 2012

New Years Resolution (traditional style) 2013 or 'I saw this and thought of me!'

Now I know it wasn't all that long ago (2 rows of chunky crochet, half an hour of Pinterest browsing, and a side of roast salmon, to be exact) that I was busy posting about changing my unrealistic NYR's into NYH's ( come on, you can make the leap....or just read the post before this one if you can't).

However, I saw THIS and it all went up the chimney as I drooled.

The dress is from Pinupgirlclothing.com ( check the link and it should take you there), the photographer is Laura Byrnes and the model is Doris Mayday who has the enviable proportions of 36D, 28 waist and 40 hips, plus a towering ( to me at any rate) 5'8"!

Now, even in my tallest heels I won't make the 5'8", and its a long time since any of the other measurements came any where near hers, but Oh!, she is what I longed to be when i was 14 going on 24, wearing my midi pencil skirts and seamed tights ( it was the 70's - the only stockings I saw were in the support section of the lingerie department at Allders of Bromley, and swaying along in my favourite black suede peep-toe platform courts .

So, as my one and only Traditional resolution:
I solemnly resolve to reduce my waistline in 2013.
For this Dress.


  
                       

No comments: