Sunday, March 26, 2006

sunday, mothering sunday

Well right on time Mothers day has arrived all over the UK.
And this glorious morning I was greeted by, well, snoring mainly.

Yesterday the girls had there annual Girls Brigade display, which meant that they spent all day at a local church rehearsing and then putting on a selection of funny/silly/excruciatingly awful bits of display for the edification of the local officers/ministers/parents and grandparents.
It always seems to go on for ages, and always includes a selection of hymns that sre far too high for anyone to sing, and some pep talks from the local vicar.

this time they excelled themselves with not one but TWO vicars.
the current rather strange one who always seems to glare at me while pretending to smile if ever i catch his eye [and who my almost mother in law says smells], and the previous one who was all joviality and bluff cheeriness.

Luckilly both of the things that my girls were in were both short and funny [ a sketch based on cant cook wont cook which involved throwing stuff at the audience, a piece very loosly based on singing in the rain complete with brollys but thankfully no water, and a silly thing about what they would do if they weren't in girls brigade which involved some carefully timed squatting and bending to stop a couple of them being sloshed with paintbrushes or slapped.

So basically we were all completely knackered this morning.

Or at least, THEY were.

I was wide awake and twiddling my thumbs waiting for them to get up, since i'm not allowed to get out of bed before they've given me my pressies and coffee and toast.

so i did a couple of sudoku, and then poked Dave to make him get up and wake the girls.

Em bought me a pretty glass bracelet to match the green amber necklace i wear loads, and jo got me the tarantino episode of CSI and the starsky and hutch dvd, so i am feeling pampered and all that stuff.

:D

then of course I had to hit the shops .

And get hold of my mum to say happy mothers day too.

And get hold of Daves mum to do the same.

And cook.

And stuff.

and now I'm being hassled by Emma who has sorted out a load of her clothes that she doesn't want and seems determined that I go through them all with her, even though she can see that I'm busy!!!!!!!!

No comments: