Wednesday, March 29, 2006

busy day off


I spent today trotting around from one place to another.

The guy who was supposed to be turning up to do the last bit of plastering didn't.

I went over to see one of my old friends.
I met her over 24 years ago when i first started in my job, and we've fallen out of friendship a couple of times over the years, got back together, supported each other through bad times, got pissed together, had good times, lost touch and got back.
But every time I go and see her its as if there has been no time between visits.

She has another dog since I last saw her, a big black rottie, as daft as a brush and very placid, with only one eye .
He's a rescue dog, having lost the eye when he was used for dogfighting.
you wouldn't know from his nature, but her husband said although he's be fine with most of the people he's been introduced to he had a problem with an electrician who came in to do some work wearing a three-quarter length leather jacket.
I assume it was a look that he associated with his past life.
It's so sad.

Then i shot over to my mum's.
It was supposed to be a quick visit.
They always are.
:D
And they never seem to be that way.
This time we got sidetracked by what she'd been doing with the house,what she was going to do to the house.
She'd found some of my old LP's too, and amongst them was a copy of through the past darkly in its original octagonal cover, but in SUCH a bad state.
I suppose nothing else could be expected given how much play it got and how many parties it got taken to.

Happy times after that when i had tea and silliness in the coffee shop, though i was pissed that i hadn't got there earlier so i could have spent more time with everybody, but i treated myself to pocky and reeses pieces at cybercandy and soon felt happier.

Then back to mums to collect said album and supposedly to leave straight away.
So an hour later i'm still there.
:D

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Crikey, it's a surprise I didn't run into you around Covent Garden, I was up there earlier today with Barny in Coffee, Cake and Kink, I was half-wondering if I was going to run into you ;)