Thursday, March 23, 2006

In other news

Ive been off today with my littlest girlie, who came home from school early yeasterday with a high temperature and generally feeling low.

The big one has a temp too, and a cough, but she also had 3 mocks today, so she struggled in to school without even a complaint.
Its amazing how much she's grown up in the last few months.

So i have been busy.

I've learnt a load of stuff about the mac [see last post] and i'm gettign more familiar with the lightness of the keys on the keyboard.
Its very touchy feely, and feels positively sexy to type on, but that hasn't improved my typing skills any.
:D

I've gone on an unsuccessful spider hunt for the littlest girlie.

I've wallpapered the newly plastered wall in the dining room.

And re-organised my bedroom.
This is mainly so i can work up here in peace if i want to now that i have the MacBook.
I got my mum to give me the desk/table that my dad used to work on rather than throw it out, and I've moved it so that its in front of the window overlooking the garden, and put the big linen chest against the opposite wall with all the cushions on it so that it can be sat on for the time being, though i need to buy some free standing shelves to go there to put my small stereo and a tv on, but it means that I've decluttered a bit and it looks much better for it.

Oh, before you drop dead with astonishment [ or at least, those of you that know just how much of a hoarder i am ] my idea of decluttering at the moment is moving the stuff onto the top floor landing till i can sort it out.
Now this isn't as bad as it sounds, as most of the stuff is toys/books of jo and em's and it had already been bagged up, but it needs seperating into charity shop/keep/throw.

i also found the bottle of Norman Hartnell 'in love' perfume that my brother found for my birthday which i was worried had been lost during the plastering.
[long story short....my first grown up bottle of perfume emptied by said brother all over bed/very smelly/very expensive/very upset/ talked about everytime our childhood escapades are discussed/ replaced at great expense by said brother 30 years later...awwwwwwwww].

Dave is off in france today getting stuff for emmas party/big household stuff/other stuff thats loads cheaper over there.

And I've just realised I havent made my mums mothers day card yet and i really ought to post it tomorrow if she's going to get it so i'm off to sort out the stuff and make it.

No comments: