Sunday, November 27, 2005

Wow!

Jools Holland was fun.
:D

But Solomon Burke was bloody AMAZING!!!!!!!!

They rolled him on stage on a throne, suited and in sunglasses, but when he sang, OMG, such an amazing voice.
*heart*

It was the first time I've been to the Albert Hall, and while everyone else was really happy to be sitting at the front of the upper circle, i was just sitting there thinking 'Oh Oh....this is a very small wall infront of me and a very long drop down'
:S
I don't like edges at all.
*eek*

But when Solomon Burke came on I totally forgot about the edge thing.
Marc Almond was guesting too and I was suprised that his voice was so strong.
I'm not sure why i thought it had been digitaly enhanced, but somehow i didn't expect it to be as good as it was.
Ruby turner was ok.
I was a little dissapointed with Sam Browne, although that may have been due to distortion, and Jools Holland was doing his normal showmanship stuff but the supporting band were great, and since i have a real soft spot for Honky Tonk I was happy.

Getting home could have been a tad tricky with 2 jumpers on the line and engineering works meaning that we nearly had to get a bus back to victoria, but we managed to grab a cab with an unknown shopper and get home at a reasonable hour.

Dave [bless him] was waiting with chilled white, but i just crashed totally so the wine will have to wait till tuesday night.

No comments: