Wednesday, May 17, 2006

garden update

As those of you who know me already know, my garden has been in a state of dissaray for a while now, but its finally starting to get there.

OK, so it has been rather forced since emma wants her party in the garden, and the thought of a load of 16 year olds doing battle with the triffid, bramble, trip hazard and general jungle flora that erupts at regular intervals out there was giving me the willies, but nevertheless, at last, ITS GETTING THERE.

Its my day off today, and its dry, warm and good gardening weather, so I've been out there for the last couple of hours clearing, burning and digging.

I've already broken the fork....testimony I'm sure you'll agree to the sheer superhuman effort that I was putting into it [ and nothing at all to the fact that one of the tines was bent and might have been a bit on the dicky side ]
But I've dug over about 3m[sq] down the bit thats going to be planted with some big architectural tropical type triffids of my own, [ having decided that since I can't do anything about next doors giant I might as well use it to set off some things that I actually like ]

so i'm putting these in.




And some more stuff that will make a screen to seperate the 2 halves of the garden.

No comments: