Wednesday, February 22, 2006

Day Off Blues

I don't know what s the matter with me lately.

I spend all my time looking forwards to my day off, planning what I'll do with all that ME time,feeling so up-beat about what I'll get accomplished.....

and then it comes round.....

and I do nothing at all.

Well, ok, so that is a slight exaggeration.
But not by much.

Let me run past you what I intended to do today.

Get up, try first long dress on, do hair and face and take a couple of photos.
Go out into the garden with a sketch pad and plan out where i want the apple trees to go, and decide what other shrubs I want to put in, and where. Do a little clearing up of the trees left at the end of the garden.
Go shopping for some shelving for my bedroom.
Re-organise said bedroom [ with new shelving if I can find some I like ]
Write the next chapter of my story.
Find some fabric that will match the colours that the dining room will end up and run up a new tablecloth till I can find a round table that I like to replace the old one.

What katie did...

Got up.
Made Dave a coffee when he got back from dropping off Jo at his mums.
Nearly scalded myself with mine [ yes, I KNOW I ought to have loads of clothes on when I'm mooching around the house, but I don't, so there ] when he let out a yell as he realised that he hadn't given Jo her swimming money for school.
Rushed upstairs to grab some clothes so I can leap into the car and get it up to her before they go.
Dave's mum comes round just as I'm about to leave to say that its ok, she's given Jo the money, but also that she's locked herself out.
I make more coffee, then offer to run her over to where Dave's sister works so she can pick up a spare key.
Take her there, get key, drop her off,come home.
Make more coffee.
By now its 11am.
And I've done absolutely NOTHING.
Dave calls, and asks me to look for sheds on the internet as we need to replace ours.
By the time I've waded through pages and pages of identical sheds its lunchtime.
I make a banana sandwich and have a yoghurt....balanced diet eh?
I'm now thoroughly pissed off that I haven't even done one of the things that I planned.
oh, and in amongst this I have also put in 5 loads of washing,dried, ironed and sorted it, and tied up the dining room, removing half an inch of plaster dust from my old treadle sewing machine before I give up.

And so here we are.

Its 5.30pm.

I feel like I've accomplished nothing.

My day off has been completely wasted

Jeezus, I'm moany today.

It must be hormonal.

What on earth was evolution playing at when it made us so irrational just when we're at our most fertile, and our nipples are so sensitive they feel like they're throbbing like a cartoon bump on the head?

Or, erm, something like that :D
*Blush*

1 comment:

Alex said...

GOD YES!!!! If I'm not dry humping Joshua during my period I'm crying and whinging like a looney. Stupid period.