Sunday, February 19, 2006

be careful what you wish for

So, an hour since my last post and I'm still here.
I'm NOT showing some spotty oik that I can manage to work my way around the equipment without fainting.
I'm not explaining that YES I really do mean it when I say that I want to use free weights.
And I'm NOT trying to feel too let down when I realise that I can only lift a fraction of the weight that I used to throw around without breaking into a sweat.

I'm having a calming cup of coffee while i ponder the fact that my 2 girls only seem to daclare world war 3 whenever I'm about to leave the house.

I try not to leave the big one [who's nearly 16] in charge of the little one[ who's nearly 9] for that very reason,but all my plans went tits up today.
I had booked it when I thought that Dave would be home to look after them, but then he said that he had tickets for the Tottenham home game today, so we re-thought and decided the girls would come with me and swim while I did the gym thing.
Then we realised that the littlest has a birthday party today, and if we did that she would end up going there all full of chlorine so the big one said she would prefer to look after the little one at home anyway, and here we are.

What set them off?

What else...... the age old argument of WHO sits on the sofa/who WAS sitting on the sofa/ who sat there FIRST.

I mean , its not as if there's no other furniture in the room!
Or that they both normally end up sprawling on the floor anyway.
But no....as soon as I am doing something that means I'm downstairs you can be sure that sooner or later [ and generally its almost instantaneous] it sets off.

Bah.
Bah.
And double bloody bah.



Erm......
Is it just me , or did that sound rather sheepish.
:D

1 comment:

Alex said...

did u go to the gym in the end?