Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Black Tie???????

One day I'll learn to look at the fine print before I agree to do something.
Though going by my past history it will be far, far in the future, in a galaxy far away.......

I should explain.

I got a call from one of my collegues today about a training day [ that I've already done ], a panel day [ that I have no interest in being part of ] and a product launch which would include a day at the races [ which sounded fun ].
So I checked my diary, made all the right noises, made sure that it wasn't something that would have me falling to sleep during it and said that I'd go.
I can even take Dave.
Great eh?

I should have realised .

There is always a catch.

And there, in the middle of the hotel details and coach transfers to the course, there it was.
Gala Dinner.
Black Tie Gala dinner no less.
And you know what that means.

IT MEANS A LONG FROCK!!!!!

Now this may not seem a bad thing to you poor unfortunate soul who's happened to stumble on my pathetic pretence at a blog, but take it from me, when you're 5'2" with a sizeable chest and a big tattoo on your back [ which I will of course want to show in its full glory ] it is no easy task to find a suitable frock.

The last one I went to I managed to find one, but my boobs are biger than they were then [ and yes, I am skimming over the fact that the rest of me may well be bigger too ] and I felt tlike I was straight jacketed then, so I doubt that it'll be suitable now.

Bugger.

All the sales are finished, wedding season hasn't started, and I need it by march.
:(

Time to break out the diet books I think.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good luck! I know how traumatic that kind of shopping can be.

Alex said...

oooh have fun! I bet you'll look lovely whatever you wear silly.

See now I am glad that with hindsight I didn't go to my new works Xmas do, it would have been a few days before I started and I would have thought it to have been casual, but no. The pictures made it look like fucking some kind of crazy black tie OBE after meeting the Queen drinks.

Emily said...

You can always do what Simon's trying to make me do, which is eat healthy food only. As if you want to eat rabbit food when you're working overnight shifts! (and just generally!)

I'm sure you'll find something stunning though :)

xx