Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Holidays = Updating

Yes World, I have managed to scrape together a whole week of time off from work.
Well, when I say 'work' I'm referring to the kind that I get paid for, as opposed to what I'm spending my days doing on my [supposed to be] R&R.
This obviously means that I am actually trying to catch up with a few of the many and varied tasks that need doing in my house.

As I write this, I am still vaguely green around the fingertips and am wafting the aroma of eau d'espirit blanc as i wander around clutching a cup of [particularly pleasant] rose tea.

The green is from the not-yet-finished repainting of my front door, from a dark green to a vibrant lime green. I had in mind a quick couple of layers of gloss and hey presto! a zingy new look.
Simple yes? Sadly No.
I'm on day 3, 2 coats of undercoat, followed by 2 of gloss, sanding down between coats, a stubborn door number [still in place because the screw head broke] and its going to need at least 1 more coat.

So I'm taking this morning off to let it dry completely again, hence the update, interspersed with a quick
 [who am I kidding] shufti around Pinterest.
That'll keep me entertained for a couple of hours at least while I decide if I will go to to the Body Adorned exhibition at the Horniman Museum in Forest Hill tomorrow.

Time to put the kettle on again and ponder...

No comments: