Friday, January 06, 2006

Counting down

TEN DAYS TO GO!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D

OK, so I can hear all you lot out thare wondering what I'm going on about...

Well, i lie actually.
what I can hear is the rapid pressing of the next blog button as you decide theres nothing here for you.

Well, hold on just a minute, you instant-judgement-making- tappy-fingered-people.
What I'm referring to, with tones of awe and reverence in my voice, is the 2006 European figure Skating championships.

You know, that thing thats in my links over there ----------->

Erm, well, it might be more
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
--------------------------------------------------------------->
So sue me for not knowing how far down the page i put it.
Just go look .
And be awed by all that fit, lycra encased, slippy-slidyness of talent.

*slaps the rude kids round the head*

No, thats Not what I meant!
:D

Actually I have an admission to make .
I've just had to text my friends to find out where we're staying and which day we're travelling on.
*hangs head in shameful exasperation at my own crap planning*
See, it's not my fault.
They say "Do you want to go?"
I say "Bloody-Hell-Yes-try-and-stop-me-if-you-can-where-did-I-pack-my-woolly-hat
-and-thermal-vests-do-i-need-to-pack-the-chocolates-stupid-question-of-course-i-do
-no-i-won't-forget-to-bring-the-tickets-but-just-incase-maybe-you-should-hang-on
-to-them-for-me....."
[ at this point they all jump on me and make me calm down]
and then my bit is all done.
I just turn up and we go.

Well, we go and I generally get stopped at customs and my bag searched.
Or I get stuck in the ticket machine.

Don't laugh!..I DO, and its not nice*sniff*
Last time the Eurostar machine rejected every one of my tickets, but I got the better of the Metro and managed not to get stuck inbetween the doors once!

The thing is, Lyon is an unknown for me, and i have no idea what strange stroppy bits of machinery are waiting to gang up on me so that my friends end up wetting themselves as i try and get through jammed turnstiles, recalcitrant slising doors and any number of otherwise innocuous barriers.

I think i should pack some WD40 just incase......

No comments: